We have many customers who come in having just moved and left their curtains at their old house, wanting to start fresh yet feeling a bit daunted by the prospect of decorating their home and aren’t sure where to start. It can seem like a big impossible task but it doesn’t have to be. We can suggest where to start, how to start and what to focus on.
- I would suggest firstly looking at what you are bringing with you – are you are starting from scratch with carpets and furniture or do you have existing sofas and rugs that are making the journey?
- It’s essential to start with the main rooms of the house, as these are the most important spaces (usually main bedroom and living areas).
- Look at colours in existing furniture, photographs and ornaments as a place to start. We’ve had clients who don’t have a recurring colour or themes in their personal items so I encourage them to get ideas from magazines and tend to steer them towards a simple roller blind just to get some privacy whilst we work through each room together.
- Whether you need a single pair of curtains or a whole house, our expert fitter Chris will come to take measurements and return to fit them.
- We work to budget, one room at a time, to your priorities.